Thursday 1 October 2015

Potatoes Battery ( Part 2 )


In the previous post, I tried to make the battery from salt water, I just practice one of the many articles on the internet. This time I tried to practice something else, that is a battery of potatoes.

One evening I went to the market and buy some potatoes, first I bought just to boil and eat it. Somehow after seeing a YouTube video and some internet articles, I became interested to make battery from potatoes.

I took some copper wires in warehouse, then I took a few nails made of aluminum. Of course, the copper cable is used as the positive pole and nail as the negative pole. This is a picture of copper and nails that I use.

One potato produce 0.7 volts, so if 4 pieces of potato are arranged in series will produce 2.8 volts, this value is enough to turn on the Red LED lights. the measurement results are almost the same with the salt water batteries on the previous post.


For more details, you can watch on this video.


Finally I’m so hungry, and then I boil the potatoes in water heater…..ha..ha…ha…





No comments:

Post a Comment