Thursday 24 September 2015

Salt Water Battery ( Part 1 )

I have seen many more articles on internet about salt battery, I was curious and tried it.

My first experiment was failed. I tried to fill a large container with water and salt. And then i put copper and aluminium into water for positive and negative pole. I have measuring and the result is only 0.7 Volt. I knew that this is not enough to turn on the LED. You can look at the picture below.


My second experiment was succeed, I took four small cups and fill them with salt water. After that I tried to connect each positive and negative pole thus forming a series circuits. And then...taa..daaaaa..........
my red LED has been lit. I have measuring and the result is 2.8 Volt. This voltage value is enough to turn on the LED.

I have observed that LED still lit after more than 5 hours. For more detail you can watch this video.

Thanks for watching and visiting my blog. :)

1 comment: